Welcome to my very first income report ! This month has been my first attempt at monetizing my blog, and I am so happy to share this with you today. I have to say, I have been positively surprised by the result. It is the proof that making money from your blog is possible, even if you have a small blog !
You might be wondering, why would I EVER write a post on my blog’s income report here. The reason is actually very simple !
First of all, this is definitely motivating, for me and for you. I have been hesitating about when and how to monetize my blog for so long, and one of the things that motivated me to finally start monetizing my blog was reading other blogger’s income reports. So if my income reports can motivate you to do the same and finally take that plunge, then, why not?
Secondly, I think this is going to be a good way for me keep track of my process and sort what I did right from what I did wrong that month. It’s not always easy as a blogger to really know what you’re doing and if you’re doing it right. Writing an income report at the end of the month should make this so much clearer. Numbers don’t lie, right?
Finally, it’s really important for me to show you that making money from your blog is possible. Even if your blog is small. I know it can be very easy as a small blogger to feel like earning an income from your blog is some kind of abstract concept that only happens to others. You’re actually going to see through this income report that my blog is far from getting a huge monthly traffic, and that obviously doesn’t stop me from earning a bit of money from it. So if I can do this, you can do it too !
Top 5 Posts this month:
The Only 3 Things You Need For A Successful Blog (545 views)
The 3 Best Affiliate Programs For Bloggers (524 views)
How To Make Your Own Ripped Jeans (454 views)
How To Start A Profitable Blog (The Right Way) (399 views)
10 Mother’s Day Gift Ideas (223 views)
Total page views in May: 4,102
What I accomplished in May:
- Launched my Facebook group: I really wanted to have a place to connect with my community, so I created The Badass Babes group. Being part of this group is kinda like being in a group with all of your girl friends (Sorry boyzz, you’re not invited !), except it’s better. This is a group for every badass babes out there who aren’t afraid to be unapologetically themselves. You can talk about anything; your cat, anxiety, girl issues, kids, beauty tips, whatever goes through your mind. No judgements, and no critics. It time to be ourselves, girls ! Join us today ♥︎
- Tried the FREE trial version of Tailwind: OMG I love this thing. If you haven’t heard of it yet, Tailwind is a Pinterest scheduling tool. I have been using buffer until I finally decided to take a closer look at Tailwind. I loved it so much that I actually unsubscribed from Buffer and decided to get the paid version of Tailwind this month. It is so easy to use, and I gain so much time thanks to it. You can try the Free trial here.
Income For May:
Bluehost is my favorite web hosting company. I wanted to be self hosted from the start, and I chose Bluehost. I have never been disappointed. They have a great customer service, and are used by so many pro bloggers. I definitely recommend them if you want to start a profitable blog. Click here to subscribe!
I knew I should have talked about Awin in my post on the best affiliate programs for bloggers. If you haven’t heard of it yet, it is an awesome affiliate network. I LOVE Awin, partly because they have a partnership with Etsy, and Etsy is my life. It’s only $5 to sign up, and you get your $5 back as soon as you receive your first payment. So… It actually costs you nothing.
Shareasale is an affiliate network as well, except they are a lot bigger than Awin and have many more partnerships with companies for absolutely every niches, like Joss&Main, Wayfair, Shein, …
Total Income (before expenses): $141.70
Bluehost: $3.95 (Prepaid annually)
Total Income (after expenses): $127.75
- Improve my social media skills: I admit, I kinda suck at social media. I have never been the kind of person who spends half of her day on twitter or posts on Instagram everyday. But I know how important social media are for my blog’s growth, so I’m gonna have to put some effort on this.
- Create a freebie for my newsletter: I really want to find something special to offer to my Newsletter subscribers. I have a few ideas, but nothing is sure yet. I have to work on that !
- Focus on Pinterest thanks to Tailwind: Now that I became totally addicted to Tailwind, I can finally focus on my Pinterest strategy. Pinterest is already my N°1 referrer, and I expect it to be even more beneficial to my blog next month !
- Update old posts:I have a couple of old posts that are good, but not great. Those posts really deserve an upgrade, and this is definitely on my list of priorities for this month.
- Grow my Facebook group to 50 members: I love this group so much, I would love to see it grow. Please help me with that by joining the group and inviting your friends to join it as well ! ♥︎
Thank you so much for reading !
I hope you enjoyed this first income report. I really liked writing it, and I am now even more motivated than before to work hard on my goals. Let me know what you think of this post in the comments :).
I know that starting a blog can be really intimidating, and it’s always hard to really know what you’re doing at the beginning. But don’t let that stop you. Everybody can do this, I am no superwoman, so if I can do this, you can do it too. Head to this post to create your own profitable blog, all you have to do is follow the steps, it really is simple. Leave a link to your blog after you created it with my post, I’d love to see the result of our work !
If you liked this post, please don’t forget to pin it or share it on your social media !
Let's be friends: