This month has surprised me SO much. I literally tripled my income ($141 last month), and I haven’t been on the blog that much due to my other blog’s launch! I’m so glad to actually prove that making money from a small blog is totally possible, when I have always been told that it wasn’t.
You might be wondering, why would I EVER write a post on my blog’s income report here. The reason is actually very simple !
First of all, this is definitely motivating, for me and for you. I have been hesitating about when and how to monetize my blog for so long, and one of the things that motivated me to finally start monetizing my blog was reading other blogger’s income reports. So if my income reports can motivate you to do the same and finally take that plunge, then, why not?
Secondly, I think this is going to be a good way for me keep track of my process and sort what I did right from what I did wrong that month. It’s not always easy as a blogger to really know what you’re doing and if you’re doing it right. Writing an income report at the end of the month should make this so much clearer. Numbers don’t lie, right?
Finally, it’s really important for me to show you that making money from your blog is possible. Even if your blog is small. I know it can be very easy as a small blogger to feel like earning an income from your blog is some kind of abstract concept that only happens to others. You’re actually going to see through this income report that my blog is far from getting a huge monthly traffic, and that obviously doesn’t stop me from earning a bit of money from it. So if I can do this, you can do it too !
Top 5 Posts this month:
How I Earned $141.70 In May (1,218 views)
The 4 Best Affiliate Programs For Bloggers (1,029 views)
How To Make Your Own Ripped Jeans (684 views)
How To Start A Profitable Blog (The Right Way) (290 views)
8 Gorgeous Feminine WordPress Themes (273 views)
Total page views in June: 4,708
What I accomplished in June:
- Created a new blog: HELLO FOXY. I decided to create a fashion and lifestyle blog, where I also give all of my best tips to grow your blog and income. This blog feels SO MUCH MORE like me, I am actually proud of myself when I see it. It took me almost a whole month to create it, but the wait was worth it! Check it out here.
- Finally took the Tailwind plunge: OMG I love this thing. If you haven’t heard of it yet, Tailwind is a Pinterest scheduling tool. I have been using buffer until I finally decided to take a closer look at Tailwind. I loved it so much that I actually unsubscribed from Buffer and decided to get the paid version of Tailwind this month. My Pinterest profile now have over 700k monthly views thanks to it! It is so easy to use, and I gain so much time thanks to it. You can try the Free trial here.
Income For June:
Bluehost is my favorite web hosting company. I wanted to be self hosted from the start, and I chose Bluehost. I have never been disappointed. They have a great customer service, and are used by so many pro bloggers. I definitely recommend them if you want to start a profitable blog.
If you haven’t heard of it yet, Awin is an awesome affiliate network. It’s only $5 to sign up, and you get your $5 back as soon as you receive your first payment. So… It actually costs you nothing.
Shareasale is an affiliate network as well, except they are a lot bigger than Awin and have many more partnerships with companies for absolutely every niches, like Joss&Main, Wayfair, Shein, …
Total Income (before expenses): $444.63
Bluehost: $3.95 (Prepaid annually)
Tailwind: $9.99 (Prepaid annually)
Total Income (after expenses): $430.69
- Focus on Hello Foxy: You probably won’t see a lot of activity this month on G&R, because I really want to give all of my time and energy to my new blog. I launched it today (July 1st 2017), and I am so excited to see what it’s going to become in the next weeks and months.
- Create an actual Instagram theme: My Instagram is not at its best right now, and I want to improve it. I’m currently testing a strategy to grow my followers on this platform!
- Focus on Pinterest thanks to Tailwind: Now that I became totally addicted to Tailwind, I can finally focus on my Pinterest strategy. Pinterest is already my N°1 referrer, and I expect it to be even more beneficial to my blog next month !
- Grow my Facebook group to 150 members: I love this group so much, I would love to see it grow. Please help me with that by joining the group and inviting your friends to join it as well ! More info about this group here ♥︎
Thank you so much for reading !
I hope you enjoyed this first income report. I really liked writing it, and I am now even more motivated than before to work hard on my goals. Let me know what you think of this post in the comments :).
I know that starting a blog can be really intimidating, and it’s always hard to really know what you’re doing at the beginning. But don’t let that stop you. Everybody can do this, I am no superwoman, so if I can do this, you can do it too. Head to this post to create your own profitable blog, all you have to do is follow the steps, it really is simple. Leave a link to your blog after you created it with my post, I’d love to see the result of our work !
Let's be friends: